Date: 8/25/18 3:39 pm
From: Steve Hampton <stevechampton...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Green-tailed Towhee in Yolo County
This morning Michael Perrone and I found a dull immature Green-tailed
Towhee at Grasslands Park at Mace and Tremont south of Davis. The was bird
first found in the SW corner of the archery links, at link 8; then lost
and refound around 12, in the SE corner, then it moved north toward 13 and
14, where we lost it again. It's a real skulker.

Also present was a surprise immature Golden-cr Sparrow (first seen near 8
with the towhee). There were also 3+ Pac-slope Flycatchers and quite a few
Willow Flycatchers as well.

Pics and full list at:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48062383

BE CAREFUL birding Grasslands Park on weekends or after 9am on a weekdays,
as that is when there may be archers. Mostly they stick to the range behind
the caretaker's place, but they may be on the links. Always walk down
range. If you are walking behind a target, approach slowly and peer around
the corner to make sure there are no archers (this is why it's always best
to be walking toward the targets).

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton