Date: 8/25/18 11:17 am
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Wood Stork
On 8/23/18, JB Churchill <jchurchi...> wrote:
> I likewise had no luck this afternoon between maybe 4:40 and 5:00 or so. I
> checked Massey Road and the are near Bethel Rd and Ruhland Dr.

My dated [1996] ADC bookmap of FREDCO shows only Bethel Rd, so others
must be new additions since then and with dial up at home I can't call
up Gmaps...

So not knowing exactly the location of sightings, it's still worth
noting that the Lewiston State Fish Hatchery [Bethel Rd at Fish
Hatchery Rd;ADC map pages 12 & 13] may, if close, offer an extensive
array of ponds for the stork to visit...don't know how accessible the
hatchery property may be, but the one in WASHCO off of MD 66 is only
open work hours and closed on SAT/SUN...

Jim S