Date: 8/25/18 8:31 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today 8/25
Hi all,

Not too much evidence of migration today - at least as regards new arrivals. Most of the Flickers, Gnatcatchers and Robins seemed to have left, however. We and other birders had our FOS Red-breasted Nuthatch near Pine Lake. Nice to have them back. Otherwise we only managed 4 species of warbler. Next few days don’t look great for bird movements, either.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

44 species (+1 other taxa)
Bird of interest:

Wood Duck 4
Chimney Swift 20 Estimate
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 2
Killdeer 2
Great Blue Heron 1
Black Vulture 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Northern Flicker 5
Eastern Wood-Pewee 8
Acadian Flycatcher 1
Alder/Willow Flycatcher (Traill's Flycatcher) 1
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 3
Barn Swallow (American) 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1 First of season