Date: 8/25/18 6:49 am
From: m b via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] potomac mudflats at hunting creek bridge
I paddled part of Hunting creek yesterday, and around the Potomac sandbars at low tide. I saw 4 lesser yellowlegs, and several least sandpipers, semi palmated sandpipers, and semi palmated plovers. I did not see the ruddy ducks that had been reported several days ago. I also did not see the pectoral sandpipers, but I was there at very low tide and the flats were extensive, so they may well have been in a place I could not access. There were also some caspian terns, more forster's terns than caspian, many ring billed gulls, and far fewer laughing gulls than there were a few weeks ago. Along with the usual complement of great egrets and great blue herons, osprey and an adult eagle.