Date: 8/25/18 1:34 am
From: Geoff LeBaron <glebaron...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Kathleen (Betty) Anderson
Hi Dave and all,

Thanks for letting us know here and I’m heartbroken to hear about Betty’s
passing today. She was a great friend and a monumental presence in both the
birding and ornithological communities. Her passion, enthusiasm, and
mentoring ways were always a joy to experience.

I’m up in New Hampshire right now and southbound migration is in full
swing. There are tons of warblers around, and yesterday I had to rescue a
female Cape May Warbler that was struggling to feed and fell into the lake.
It was quite unusual and the bird was full of desire to live and we kept
her warm and dry overnight.

She survived the night and we were all set to take her to a local rehab
facility this morning but she died before we left.

As things have played out I bet it was Betty on her next migration.

Geoff LeBaron
Williamsburg MA

On Friday, August 24, 2018, David Larson <dlarson...> wrote:

> Massbirders,
>
> I am sad to report that Betty Anderson passed away peacefully today at
> St. Elizabeth’s.
>
> Betty was an elemental force in ornithology in Massachusetts and beyond

Join us on Facebook!