Date: 8/24/18 11:39 am
From: Dave Larsen - birding via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Bobolinks, Front Royal, Warren County
Candice Lowther and I observed several hundred Bobolinks descending into a
grain field along Milldale Road, north of Front Royal this morning around
10:30. Because of our position (birds between us and the sun) we were not
able to estimate proportion of males to females.

Warren County may be the southeastern most county with regular breeding
records for northern Virginia, although there are a few records for Fauquier
and Loudoun - western Virginia has more documented breeding records.
Presumably this flock represents northern-breeding migrants getting ready to
leave for the coast and thence to South America.

Dave Larsen