Date: 8/24/18 7:50 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today August 24
Hi all,

Still rather slow despite NW winds and clear skies overnight. However we managed 7 species of warbler plus other migrants. We had to leave a bit early and thus missed the days’s best bird, a Black-billed Cuckoo by Pine Lake, seen by several other birders. Most numerous migrants for us were Redstart and Chestnut-sided Warbler and Red-eyed Vireo. Robin, Catbird, Flicker and Blue Jay numbers down. Stopped by the Nature Center pond on way home and added a few birds to the list.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

47 species (+1 other taxa)
Birds of interest :

Wood Duck 4
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 5 2 at Nature center
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Hairy Woodpecker (Eastern) 1 Nature center
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 7
Eastern Wood-Pewee 7
Acadian Flycatcher 1 heard only
Eastern Kingbird 1