Date: 8/23/18 8:14 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today, August 23
Hi all,

A nice cold front bought a number of birders out this morning. Although it was not as active as we had hoped, some nice birds were seen. An active mixed flock near where the old house used to stand was the most exciting. Otherwise bits and pieces. A Sharp-shinned Hawk perched up near Pine Lake was flagged as rare, but unmistakable. Still many Pewees and Flickers, but the many Robins and Catbirds of earlier days seem to have moved out. Saw five hummers, all immatures or females.

We peeked into Brookside Gardens but it was pretty quiet birdwise. Lots of butterflies however, including multiple Monarchs and Tiger Swallowtails.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

46 species (+2 other taxa)
Birds of interest: