Date: 8/23/18 7:40 am
From: Harry Armistead <harryarmistead...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Dorchester County Sept. 15, Sat.., fall bird count
Maryland's 3rd largest county. Areas still in need of coverage: Route 16 & its side roads, Route 336 down to and including Liners & Blackwater roads, and the Cambridge city limits. Not the most thrilling areas, but, I don't know about you, I get as big a charge from totals of common birds as for the rarer species. Not necessary to put in a full day.

mid-September is an interesting time. Common species somewhat hard to find then include towhee, crested flycatcher, field and other sparrows (except chippie), kingbird, most swallows, and, sometimes, even robins and blackbirds. And it's too early for middle-distance migrants such as white-throats, sapsucker, kinglets, creepers, and their ilk.

Please, hear my plea. Otherwise, best wishes anyway. Thanks for listening. (no rain date) - Harry Armistead.