Date: 7/12/18 6:41 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: Re: [GeneseeBirds-L] John's report of female Wood Ducks
This is the area downtown in Tonawanda where the five bridges meet? Would
you mind specifying which bridge(s) you've seen the female Wood Ducks? We
were there the other day and didn't see anything, but we were at the
Seymour Street bridge, closest to the Tops Parking lot and strip mall
stores. The second bridge is Main Street that leads to the Gateway Harbor.
Thanks for the report, and to Lynn regarding male Wood Duck behavior.
Probably at some downtown bar talking up a breeze, or trying to find
another female Wood Duck! We have also seen a female Wood Duck in the reeds
with little ones at the Gratwick Waterfront Park, but they don't appear too
often.

Sheila and Tony - Niagara Falls