Date: 7/11/18 6:35 pm
From: Patrick Malone via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] extra-territorial -- bird expedition in northern NM
Encouraged by Marla’s recent post, I am posting this album of photos taken on a recent half-day expedition in NM - the Galisteo bosque, a tiny patch of woods south of Santa Fe, and the Pecos River area east of Santa Fe.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnXZ1dP

The cliff swallows that you will see in the Pecos River pix are on a ranch south of the town of the same name - very interesting nests made from mud and bird spit. Among other creatures I got several shots of a violet-green swallow and baby in a tree hollow nest and a very pretty little bird i’d never heard of called a yellow-breasted chat.

If anyone takes a trip to northern NM — non-stop flights from BWI to ABQ! - let me know and I will put you in touch with my fabulous bird guide Bill West who knows all the cool spots.

Patrick Malone
<pmalone...>