Date: 7/11/18 6:28 pm
From: Richard Carlson <rccarl...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Box Canyon and Five-striped Sparrows
I gambled that the 5 striped would stay active on a cloudy day. Arriving at about noon, the Sparrow was still active. We had great looks at the bird carrying food to an apparent nest across the canyon on the right edge of the middle of three large rock formations. At about 12:30 a convoy of 15+ S. Cal. birders arrived and all saw the bird. The only problem is that the evil creature only posed in clear view whenever I put my camera away to protect it from the rain.

Richard Carlson
Full time birder, part time economist
Tucson & Lake Tahoe
Sent from my iPad