Date: 7/11/18 2:25 pm
From: Sylvia Maulding <sylviaspfd...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Wed. birders
9 of us went to Fern Ridge to look at shorebirds. We parked at the Hwy 126 parking lot. Most of the shorebirds were at the SE end of Pond 5.
We had a special guest this morning, Ellen Cantor’s 5 year old granddaughter Nele from Portland.

Canada Goose
Bufflehead, 1 female
Hooded Merganser
Duck sp.
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron, 1 flying south of the parking lot when we 1st arrived.
TV
Pacific Golden-Plover, nice scope views.
Killdeer
Least SP
Western SP
Long-billed Dowitcher, only a couple
Spotted SP, also 1 fluffy chick
Greater Yellowlegs
Black Tern
Mourning Dove
Raven
Tree Swallow
Barn Swallow
Cliff Swallow
WW Pewee
BC Chickadee
Cedar Waxwing
Common Yellowthroat
BT Gray Warbler, seen by Ellen and Nele
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Spotted Towhee
YB Chat
YH Blackbird, 1 male seen by a few.
RW Blackbird
——
31 ( I may have missed a couple seen by others)

Judy and Steve Franzen, Tom Cable, Ellen Cantor and Nele, Sue Hutchinson, Scott McNeeley, Randy Sinnott, and Sylvia Maulding

Sent from my iPad
Sylvia, Springfield OR

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>