Date: 7/11/18 1:36 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET 83rd Street Fluddle/Greene Valley F.P. Wed 7-11-18
Hello Bird People,

Got an email from Mike Madsen saying shorebirds were at the 83rd
Street Fluddle although nothing special was seen. So I went today &
saw lots of shorebirds but nothing special, as advertised. But for me
seeing the shorebirds is enough. Here's my day list:

83rd Street Fluddle (8:30-10 a.m.)

D.C. Cormorant (2)
Mallard (a few)
Killdeer (81-AD & 1 very small young one)
Lesser Yellowlegs (14)
Greater Yellowlegs (probably 1)
Solitary Sandpiper (13)
Spotted Sandpiper (12)
Least Sandpiper (52)
Ring Billed Gull (2)
Caspian Tern (10-AD & 1-IM, the 2nd young one seen this year)
Chimney Swift (1 hunting)
Rough Winged (3), Bank (2) & Barn (6) Swallows

In The Area Nearby

Mourning Dove (3)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (H-1)
Flicker (H-2)
Willow Flycatcher (H-2)
Great Crested Flycatcher (H-1)
Blue Jay (H-1)
Chickadee (2)
W.B. Nuthatch (3)
House Wren (H-2)
Robins (10-12)
Gray Catbird (3)
Starling (2)
Warbling Vireo (H-2)
Common Yellowthroat (5)
Cardinal (1-M)
Rose Breasted Grosbeak (1-F)
Indigo Bunting (1-M)
Eastern Towhee (1)
Song Sparrow (2)
Red Wings & Cowbirds (4)
Goldfinch (6)

We need to keep checking the 83rd Street Fluddle as there aren't a lot
of shorebird spots that aren't flooded & having over 150 shorebirds
there today, even if no rare ones, merits more looks.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Rose Breasted Grosbeak & Runner-Up to the 52
Least Sandpipers.

Al Stokie
In DuPage County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>