Date: 7/11/18 1:27 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Pied-billed grebe, Northampton County
This morning I had an hour to kill between my husband's appointments so I drove across Freemansburg Avenue (go right after exiting Rt. 33 south between Bethlehem and Easton) to look at a pond at the back side of St. Lukes Hospital. I thought perhaps I would see a shorebird or two but there were none except for several killdeer. However, just as I was leaving I heard an odd call and saw a bird swim out into the water from a small overgrown area on the far shore. It kept lifting its head and calling and either it was an adult male pied-billed grebe in breeding plumage or I was hallucinating from the heat and a pair of old binoculars.
 Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!