Date: 7/11/18 1:07 pm
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 11, 2018
I put down two Monk Parakeets but I'm not sure of the identification. I did not have my
Prescription glasses on during the bike ride. The birds were some distance away atop a
couple of trees above the bike trail. One bird was calling constantly and when I whistled
or called to it, it would come out in the open and seemed interested in me.
The spot the parakeets were seen was just east of Country Estates Elementary School and
just east of Felix Street over the new biking/walking trail.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Joe B. Barnes Park, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, US Jul 11, 2018 7:45 AM - 8:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
10.0 mile(s)
Comments: morning bike ride.
39 species

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 3
Turkey Vulture 2
Mississippi Kite 9
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2
Eurasian Collared-Dove 5
White-winged Dove 2
Mourning Dove 4
Red-headed Woodpecker 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Monk Parakeet 2 tentative possibility as i didn't have my prescription glasses. Green parakeet sized birds with lighter areas on the forehead, face and throat. one bird calling constantly. tried to get bird to come to me by whistling and calling. bird came out to the edge of the tree canopy and was clearly watching me.
Eastern Phoebe 2
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Western Kingbird 4
Eastern Kingbird 7