Date: 7/11/18 11:49 am
From: Frank Vanslager via Groups.Io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Snowy Plovers at Crittenden on 7/11/18
All:

I walked out along the Crittenden Study Area and turned east onto the Lockheed Bay Trail. At 8 AM, looking south towards the industrial crane forest, I had a Snowy Plover chick run into my field of view. For some time I watched the scurrying chick in the Questar until it finally ran past a motionless adult SNPL. Further out on the bay trail there were many terns, but nothing rare that I could find. The egrets are beginning to gather for the minnow harvest, but I saw no sign of the nesting Eared Grebes that were here last year at this time.

Frank Vanslager