Date: 7/11/18 9:23 am
From: Paul Dickson <Paul...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Ruby-throated Hummingbird movement
Last week's high pressure came from the NNE, from the Great Lakes Region and down the Ohio Valley and Mississippi Valley. This was made to order for RTHU migrants to Louisiana both in wind direction and timing. I noticed a surge of RTHU in my yard on Saturday which was the day the front arrived in north Louisiana. I went from a maximum-in-sight-at-once of 2 on Friday to 10 on Saturday. They have since declined to 6 in-sight-at-once. I am guessing but credit the surge to migrants.
Paul Dickson
Caddo Parish