Date: 7/11/18 8:23 am
From: Jim Bonner <jbonner...>
Subject: Re: PABIRDS Digest - 8 Jul 2018 to 9 Jul 2018 (#2018-189)
Brian,

Did you hear about the Avocets on the Southside? I don’t chance birds (much) but if you ever hear of these close, let me know. Along with stilts, they are one of my favorites.

Jim

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 07:26:57 -0400
From: Bruce Carl <hrdabrd...>
Subject: Fwd: [PABIRDS] Glossy ibis at middle creek

Juv. Glossy Ibis still present this morning on east side of road.

Bruce A Carl
Akron / Lanc. Co.

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 12:58:22 -0400
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: American Avocets--Allegheny County Late Post

Hi

I received a third hand report today of five American Avocets from July 3 at the South Side near the Hofbrau House. A photo was taken.

Mike Fialkovich
Pittsburgh Area, Allegheny County

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 13:19:40 -0400
From: Richard Nugent <rmnugent...>
Subject: Jenning Prairie; Butler County; 07/08/2018

Yesterday I birded and botanized at Jennings Prairie in northern Butler County. The Red Canada Lily was at its peak and Blazing Star was just starting to bloom. There were lots of birds with many of them singing. My list of bird highlights is below:

Wood Thrush
Common Yellowthroat
Scarlet Tanager
Ovenbird
Hooded Warbler
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (feeding on Bee Balm).
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Best Regards ......... Richard Nugent
Hampton Township, Allegheny County

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 21:30:43 +0000
From: Linda Widdop <linda...>
Subject: Call for speakers - DVOC 2019

Hi Birders – sorry if this is off topic. The DVOC is beginning to schedule programs for 2019. Meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of the month at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia. Meetings start at 7:30 PM with club business. Presentations run from 8:00 to 9:00. Dinner is offered before the meeting and we continue the discussion at a local pub afterward. Both optional 😊We offer an honorarium for the presentation and small travel allowance.

If you want to give a presentation to the club, please email me off list.

Thanks,
Linda Widdop
DVOC VP/Program Coordinator
www.dvoc.org<http://www.dvoc.org>
<linda...>

End of PABIRDS Digest - 8 Jul 2018 to 9 Jul 2018 (#2018-189)