Date: 7/10/18 10:29 pm
From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Is this a Western Wood-Pewee?
Hi Tim, thanks for your advice. I did check my field guide on what I
thought was a Western Wood-Pewee. I always try to figure it out first. I
posted the photo on OBOL to confirm what I thought it was. Several people
agreed with my identification. Several thought also that it was a Willow
Flycatcher. David Iron posted a link to an article he wrote comparing the
two species that was very helpful. The Bird Guides aren't always that
helpful with poor photos and information. I also posted the Common
Yellowthroat fledgling to verify what species it was. Fledglings are
difficult to identify because they don't have the mature markings that a
bird book shows. I use OBOL as one of my educational sources and most
members are more than happy to help out and give their opinions and
information on how they came to their conclusions. Today's example showed
that even with a photo OBOL members had different opinions on what the
species was. I am trying not to take offense that you just assumed that I
didn't put any effort into looking in a field guide first before posting on
OBOL. I have several guides and take the time to look at them. I use OBOL
to confirm my findings and sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong.
Thanks for your email, Jim.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:29 AM, Jim Leonard <photojleonard...>
wrote:

> I photographed what I think might be a Western Wood-Pewee at Baskett
> Slough NWR yesterday. What do you think? Photo by Jim Leonard.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/SWYFdkbeQtqBgAA56

Join us on Facebook!