Date: 7/10/18 7:28 pm
From: canislist <canislist...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Magnificent Frigatebird seen from Pt. Dume, Malibu 07/10/18
At about 7.10 am I noticed a juvenile Magnificent Frigatebird moving in
a westerly direction over the ocean toward the Pt. Dume Headlands.  It
was just offshore, going roughly parallel with Cliffside Drive.  It
glided without flapping until it neared the headlands where it circled
once and then went out of my sight behind some trees.  I did not see it
again.

The light was poor because the morning clouds had not yet cleared but I
was able to get 3 poor-quality photos.  They were taken hurriedly
through glass but they are good enough to show the extremely long wings
and narrow tail as well as the contrast between the white throat &
breast and black body & wings.

Although I didn't see the bird again I thought it worth reporting on the
chance that it may still be in the area.

Cynthia Schotte
Malibu, CA

Listowners: mailto:<LACoBirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<LACoBirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<LACoBirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)