Date: 7/10/18 5:02 pm
From: C. Michael Stinson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] purpose of list; dead male RTHU
The information page for this list
( at https://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/va-bird ) states
that "Va-bird is a forum for reporting interesting bird sightings in
Virginia."

Not interesting bird sightings from somewhere else.

Not articles about birds that you happen to run across.

Not a report on a vacation to somewhere else besides Virginia.

Not a forum for political discussions.

I get enough email about birds and other things that I'd really rather not
have any extra messages from Va-bird that don't fit the stated purpose of
the list.

So this note will fit the guideline itself, I'll report that two days ago I
was shown a freshly dead adult male Ruby-throated Hummingbird (in
Curdsville, Buckingham County) that had been found dead after flying into a
screen door, getting its bill stuck in the wire mesh of the screen, and
then dying before it could extricate itself. Since screen doors are
common, and hummingbird feeders near screen doors are not too uncommon, I
wonder how frequently this happens.

Thanks -

Mike

--