Date: 7/10/18 5:03 pm
From: Linda Fink <linda...>
Subject: [obol] Re: ugly gulls
Apparently, no Little Gulls have ever turned up dead on a beach from
Northern California to the Arctic Circle. Occasionally, a bird does show
up that doesn't key out in our Beached Birds Field Guide (which is all
about foot type, wing pattern, and body part measurements). We send the
pictures and measurements to an expert at U of Wash.

On 7/10/2018 9:08 AM, David Irons wrote:
> Use of “LIGU” to denote large dead immature gulls could create some confusion, as that is the bander code abbreviation for Little Gull.
>
> Dave Irons
> Beaverton, OR
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 10, 2018, at 8:52 AM, Linda Fink <linda...> wrote:
>>
>> I am so glad we Beached Bird Surveyors only have to identify dead ugly gulls as LIGU (Large Immature GUll)... We find a lot of them.
>> --
>>
>> Linda Fink
>> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>