Date: 7/10/18 4:52 pm
From: Larry Spivak via Groups.Io <larry8141=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Almaden Laker Strange Robin
Hi All
Did some birding at Almaden Lake this AM (Thanks Janna for the sandpipers) and saw an American Robin scratching around the in dried grass. With little else to do at the time, I watched it with my bins at which point it laid down on its side and didn't move. Thinking "That's wierd" I began looking out at the lake again. After a few minutes, I glanced over at the robin again and it was happily foraging again. Bins again, same behavior. As some would say "What's up?" Anyone know? Do Robins do a wounded bird thing? Or, in this case, a dead bird thing.
Aren't they great!
Larry Spivak