Date: 7/10/18 1:06 pm
From: Gregg Goodrich <gregggoodrich...>
Subject: [cobirds] Willet at Chatfield on Douglas side Platte river delta
Ann and I were kayaking in the Chatfield South Platte delta and found a
Willet on the Douglas county side of the river where it enters the
Chatfield lake. The Willet seems to have an injured left wing that droops
occasionally. The black and white on the wing is visible when it droops. It
was actively feeding on the shore, but never flew even when we were 30
yards away.

EBird did flag it as rare. Must be because of the time of year? I noticed a
slight bit of barring on the sides like it was coming out of breeding
plumage.

Also, Wood Ducks and Common Mergansers families along the river. Nice
morning to be on the water with a pair of binoculars.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch