Date: 7/10/18 12:48 pm
From: Hugh McDevitt <hdmcdevitt...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] South Almaden Valley
I birded my patch near the orchard at the Harry Road entrance to the IBM Almaden facility this morning.  The usual suspects, but I did continue to see Warbling Vireo (feeding young), Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, and heard Pacific-Slope Flycatcher and Ash-Throated Flycatcher. A family of 9 California Quail crossed farther up Henwood. Two new birds for the patch were a single Hooded Oriole in a palm tree across Harry Road and a pair of Barn Swallows flying over the orchard. The most surprising bird was a single Cedar Waxwing perched in a dead pine.
Hugh McDevitt