Date: 7/10/18 9:20 am
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Sub-adult Heerman’s Gulls, Clatsop Snowy Plover.
While birding at Leadbetter Point State Park on Washington’s Long Beach Peninsula last Sunday Jim Danzenbaker, Shawneen Finnegan and I saw at least six second-year (hatched in 2017) Heermann’s Gulls in with about 150 adults. I think these are the first non-adult Heermann’s that I have seen in the last three years. This species has had very poor breeding success in recent years, so it was uplifting to see some kids.

On Saturday we found a banded Snowy Plover on Clatsop Beach. I sent photos to Dave Lauten who told me it was banded (as a juvenile) at Tenmile last June.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR
Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!