Date: 7/10/18 9:18 am
From: zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Sedge Wrens, Washington County grasslands
I don’t think this has made it to the listserv yet, but yesterday Thom
Mclenahan and Scott Robinson reported to ebird a sedge wren on Mahaffy East
of CR 42,and subsequently Bruce Hoover uploaded audio of a wren heard from
the new Alfred Solomon viewing platform on CR 42just south of Mahaffy Road
2 days earlier. Several birders made the trip up (or down)to the
grasslands this morning. Shortly after six, David Harrison refound the
Mahaffy Bird about half a mile east of CR 42. When I arrived around 8AM,
David and Stacy Robinson were at the spot where David had the bird, but it
had not been heard since the initial report. We checked the viewing
platform on CR 42 without much luck, but David later found another Sedge
Wren singing along dowmont road that all of us were able to get on. This
is not the first time this species has appeared in this area, but it was a
life bird for me, so thanks to David H. and the others for the reports.

ZSW

--
Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774