Date: 7/9/18 7:18 pm
From: Jeff Bilsky <jbilsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Skokie Lagoons Forest Preserve--Willow Rd., Cook, Illinois, US (Yellow-billed Cuckoo)
Went back to my usual spot - north of Willow Rd Skokie Lagoons. No signs of
the juv AMERICAN REDSTARTS, but did have 2 singing males in the same areas
as last night.
Also had another flyover MONK PARAKEET. A male PROTHONOTARY WARBLER was
singing and feeding on the water's edge (heard another one singing as
well). Highlight was definitely locating a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO. It flew
into a tree right over my head, hung out for a bit and did its quiet
cluk/coo call for a while before flying off. I was able to get some decent
pics and a nice video - both of which are embedded in the e-bird list. Good
Birding.

List with photos/video: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S47102943

Skokie Lagoons Forest Preserve--Willow Rd., Cook, Illinois, US
Jul 9, 2018 5:38 PM - 7:34 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.41 mile(s)
44 species