Date: 7/9/18 7:08 pm
From: Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Caspian Tern - New Baltimore
This evening, July 9th, there was a Caspian Tern flying by New Baltimore -
southbound. I heard it calling from quite a ways away as it approached; and
it continued calling after it passed by.

There has been a noticeable uptick in the number of Caspian Terns in the
area this year so far. Interesting.

Also noted today - several (~12) Ring-billed Gulls southbound - mostly
adults. The number of them going by is increasing daily.

Last evening, I watched a large skein of Mallard/Amer. Black Ducks flying
south at dusk. The evening before, there was a similar group of about 50
also southbound at dusk. Although this might have been the same group of
birds +/- going to roost.

The male R-t. Hummingbird in the yard is still doing his courtship "dance".
If you've never seen that performance, watch. It's very interesting and
more complex than what first meets the eye - as if that weren't enough to
satisfy.

--
Richard Guthrie

Join us on Facebook!