Date: 7/9/18 2:38 pm
From: jake schas <yellowlegs...>
Subject: [COBOL] more condor info...
Greetings, Here is more info on the condor in Wyoming, from a facebook post.
jake

Posts
<https://www.facebook.com/CondorCliffs/?ref=nf&hc_ref=ARRK0scff_5FuxeeOOhC3HRdbp_5CJBW7iVFj2xzrX60_7RaM5_EVosQ-c_tvFVigqo>
[https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/c62.17.217.217/s50x50/228425_194536327258216_7885683_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1904e062a72ba37718fb5e44eaa5f963&oe=5BE0E554]

Greetings! We have been receiving some exciting reports and photos of a condor on the move. With a wingspan of 9.5 feet, it is no surprise that condors can cover great distances and condor T2, know to us biologists as 832, made it all the way to the Snowy Mountains outside of Laramie, Wyoming! That's approximately 440 miles to the northeast (as the condor flies) from the Vermilion Cliffs release site. This youngster is on the move! Condor 832 was hatched and reared in 2016 at the Portland Zoo, and in March of 2018 she took her first flight into the wilds of the Vermilion Cliffs.

She is not the first condor to wander into Wyoming. In the early days of the program a condor made it all the way to Flaming Gorge, Wyoming before heading back to the release site in northern Arizona.

By all accounts 832 appears to be healthy and alert. We are currently monitoring her whereabouts and will keep you all posted on the details of her trip as they unfold. In the meantime, if you should encounter her or any other condor in the wild, please enjoy by keeping a safe distance between yourself and the bird. Please respect wildlife and keep them wild by never approaching or feeding wild animals.