Date: 7/9/18 1:55 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqvr...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Hermann's Gull & Mute Swan in Salt Pond A16
Good to know, Alvaro, thanks!

--
Chuq Von Rospach
<chuqvr...>
http://www.chuqui.com

On July 9, 2018 at 12:58:24 PM, Alvaro Jaramillo (<chucao...>)
wrote:

Chuq

It is still early for juvenile Heermann’s Gulls to be moving north in
numbers. I think that last year we detected our first in Half Moon Bay on
the 12th of July, so they should begin pretty soon. I have not heard of a
breeding failure this year in Baja, the last failed year was 2016. There is
a lot known about the Elegant Terns, they have done fantastically well
nesting in southern California during the Baja warm water years. So the
decision to move north has been very positive for them. I give them 5 years
before they are nesting somewhere in SF Bay.

._,_._,_