Date: 7/9/18 1:56 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Heerman's Gull
All,

Have to apologize again as my forwarded messages did not include my reply that I thought would have been sent as it was shown on my computer. My original reply was only sent to Brooke Miller but was intended for everyone on SBB.

Bob Reiling

All,

It was a Heermann's Gull (sorry about the misspelling). I have a couple distant photos if anyone is interested. I thought that it might be more of a first cycle bird (first summer?) as opposed to a juvenile with an "early" molt on the uppertail coverts. Didn't think that the photos warranted posting to e-bird even though they are rare in Santa Clara County.

Take care,

Bob