Date: 7/9/18 1:46 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Hermann's Gull & Mute Swan in Salt Pond A16

-------- Original Message ----------
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
To: Brooke Miller <idbirds...>
Date: July 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM

All,

It was a Heermann's Gull (sorry about the misspelling). I have a couple distant photos if anyone is interested. I thought that it might be more of a first cycle bird (first summer?) as opposed to a juvenile with an "early" molt on the uppertail coverts. Didn't think that the photos warranted posting to e-bird even though they are rare in Santa Clara County.

Take care,

Bob

On July 9, 2018 at 12:02 PM Brooke Miller <idbirds...> wrote:

Bob,

A Heermann’s Gull or a Herring Gull?

Brooke