Date: 7/9/18 11:49 am
From: Steve Johnson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Pine Siskin in Covington (Alleghany county)
Today while surveying breeding birds in Alleghany County, Lynn and I found a Pine Siskin at a millet feeder. Clear photos will be submitted much later with eBird report. Absolute certain ID, compared side by side with Goldfinch (for size) and female House Finch (bill size, plumage, etc.)

Bird returned repeatedly to feeder in front of apartment building. Just N of I-64, roughly 5 miles E of Covington or 2 miles W of Low Moor. Route 1107 aka Mountaineer Drive, just S of Alleghany H.S., apartments on E side of road.

Steve Johnson and Lynn Rafferty