Date: 7/9/18 10:50 am
From: Patrick Comins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Sedge Wren Visits
I hear lots of you got to see the Sedge Wrens over the weekend. I'm thrilled that so many got to see these rare birds and that everyone was respectful. For some of you it was your first visit to our Bafflin Sanctuary in Pomret. We protect more than 700 acres in Pomfret and assist the Wyndham Land Trust with management of their adjacent and proximal lands as well. It is a special place and one of the few that specifically manages for grassland and early successional birds in Connecticut. The Bafflin Sanctuary has been recognized as an Important Bird Area for its grassland and wetland nesting bird habitats and is just one of more than 20 sanctuaries we protect and maintain, comprising more than 3,000 acres in the state.

I hope that people who got a chance to enjoy these birds (or the Wilson's Plover earlier in the season at Milford Point) and others who care about bird conservation and habitat management will consider joining us if you haven't already.
https://www.ctaudubon.org/join/

Membership fees help to support our habitat management activities and our bird conservation efforts in general.

Thank you very much for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director

314 Unquowa Road