Date: 7/9/18 10:52 am
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Lawrence's Goldfinch and young
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Date: Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 10:51 AM
Subject: Lawrence's Goldfinch and young
To: Rogue Valley Birds <rv-birds...>

Anne Goff sent this message earlier this morning:

*at the Provolt pond, right past the welcome to Josephine County sign, on a
branch extending for Michelle shrub on the side of the road, over the
pond,I saw an adult male Lawrences goldfinch feeding four begging babies.
Seriously. Black face, Gray back,bright yellow chest, white belly,
absolutely a Lawrences. I could not get a picture because my camera
wouldn't focus, and when I set it to manual they flew across the road into
the tree orchard. The babies had somewhat subtle striping on the belly, and
yellow on the outer wings. Sort of like a pine siskins, but the bill was
not as pointed*

--
But as important as we are to ourselves, we’re not all there is on this
blue marble. And if we are just thinking about ourselves, then we are

Join us on Facebook!