Date: 7/9/18 10:45 am
From: Tom Benson <Thomasabenson...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] August 25 pelagic trip to Tanner and Cortez Banks

Birders,

I have organized a pelagic trip to the Cortez and Tanner Banks next month. The basic details are: departure from Dana Point aboard the R/V Sea Explorer, leaving at 1-2 AM and returning at 8-9 PM on Saturday, August 25 (18-20 hours); there are NO bunks or full galley on board, but possibly enough room to sleep on the floor or benches inside (plenty of room outside). The per person cost is $200, and there are currently about 10 spaces remaining.

This should be an excellent opportunity to see species like Black-footed Albatross, Leach's Storm-Petrel, Red-billed Tropicbird, Craveri's Murrelet, Arctic Tern, South Polar Skua, and Long-tailed Jaeger. It is also a good opportunity to look for rare species such as Cook's and Hawaiian Petrels, Townsend's Storm-Petrel, Least Storm-Petrel, and Guadalupe Murrelet.

If you are interested in going or have any questions, please email me back (off list) and I will send you additional details and/or payment information.

Tom Benson
San Bernardino, CA
thomasabenson AT aol.com

Join us on Facebook!