Date: 7/9/18 10:00 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Wash Co summer wanderers
A Varied Thrush is singing outside my window at home right now. No other
detections here since I posted about 2 weeks ago . It's not a territorial
bird. Wonder about the status of the 2 at Glenwood on the BBS July4. A
Dusky Flycatcher came skulking through the Rhododendrons yesterday
afternoon. 6 inches to a foot off the ground. 1st visual detection here in
26 years. One previous audial detection at best, an April record not
surprisingly. Cassin's Vireo last week(usually only here in May), and a
Black-throated Gray Warbler on the patio. B-t G was maybe getting ants. I
saw one gathering fir needles at the same spot a few years ago. The next
day it was singing, which I hadn't heard since migration in early May. A
Hermit Warbler has been on territory here for two months, which involves
visual confirmation. I learned about 17 years ago that aural detection of
the two species on Hayward Rd is problematic. Lars

Join us on Facebook!