Date: 7/9/18 8:25 am
From: <coloradobirder...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] More Burrowing Owl Counting [Weld]
Hi all

To add to previous total of 116 Burrowing Owl, I birded very eastern side of Pawnee National Grassland and picked up another 60 for grand total of 176 (so far). I will be updating my Pawnee National Grassland map here (https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1u6nalDC4fXltmTBvu2hwqfvdgDwVrrhM&usp=sharing https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1u6nalDC4fXltmTBvu2hwqfvdgDwVrrhM&usp=sharing) with these new locations sometime today. Beautiful area of Pawnee NG don't hear much birds reporting from it--some roads very birdy (and there is some water, too)!

Other birds:
Tons and tons of Horned Lark (families); Grasshopper Sparrow (families); Western Meadowlark (families) Lots of Lark Bunting (families) Few Cassin's Sparrow heard 2 Sharp-tailed Grouse (very north end of Weld CR 153. They were hidden in excavated dirt piles covered in weeds across from a missile silo) 8 Dickcissel (Weld CR 153/92 NE (1); Weld CR 153/112 NE (6); Weld 153/92 (1)) Ferruginous Hawk platform at Hwy 71/Weld CR 116 had a nice nest no birds (gone?) Pronghorn nursery (8 youngsters, couple of families) at Weld CR 124/Hwy 71 1-2m E on N Next message I post will be announcement for a trip to eastern Pawnee NG.

Photos: http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Pawnee-National-Grassland-East-Stoneham/

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/ http://coloradobirder.club/

Join us on Facebook!