Date: 7/9/18 8:24 am
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] More Burrowing Owl Counting [Weld]
Hi all

To add to previous total of 116 Burrowing Owl, I birded very eastern side
of Pawnee National Grassland and picked up another 60 for grand total of
176 (so far). I will be updating my Pawnee National Grassland map here (
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1u6nalDC4fXltmTBvu2hwqfvdgDwVrrhM&usp=sharing)
with these new locations sometime today. Beautiful area of Pawnee NG don't
hear much birds reporting from it--some roads very birdy (and there is some
water, too)!

Other birds:

- Tons and tons of Horned Lark (families); Grasshopper Sparrow
(families); Western Meadowlark (families)
- Lots of Lark Bunting (families)
- Few Cassin's Sparrow heard
- 2 Sharp-tailed Grouse (very north end of Weld CR 153. They were
hidden in excavated dirt piles covered in weeds across from a missile silo)
- 8 Dickcissel (Weld CR 153/92 NE (1); Weld CR 153/112 NE (6); Weld
153/92 (1))
- Ferruginous Hawk platform at Hwy 71/Weld CR 116 had a nice nest no
birds (gone?)
- Pronghorn nursery (8 youngsters, couple of families) at Weld CR
124/Hwy 71 1-2m E on N

Photos:
http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Pawnee-National-Grassland-East-Stoneham/

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn