Date: 7/8/18 9:13 pm
From: <duckjockey...>
Subject: [COBOL] Clockwork
I’m amazed at how punctual some birds can be. Every evening I sit in the hot tub, with a hummer feeder nearby, watching as 12-14 birds vie for a spot. I have four feeders, and I estimate the total number of hummers to be 20 or more, mostly rufous and Anna’s. And then at 9:05, the tree and cliff swallows call it a day, and almost immediately a nighthawk appears and the hummers vanish. Five minutes later a couple of bats appear. I’m wondering if their schedule (while they’re here) will follow the shortening days.

It’s fun while it lasts!

Michael