Date: 7/8/18 5:50 pm
From: Janet Holt via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Mississippi Kite- Monroe

If you live in the Monroe/Shelton area, keep a look out for an adult Mississippi Kite. I've seen it fly over our backyard five times since June 15th. This afternoon, I saw it make several loops over my neighbor's backyard then dive down behind some trees where I lost sight of it.

Three times I've seen it take the same flight path over my house on Cardinal Lane in Monroe heading either towards Wheeler Road (near the intersection of Thompson Street) or flying in the opposite direction towards Walnut Street.

My understanding is that it's a rare bird for this area especially this time of the year. It would be helpful if there are other birders in the area to help look for it.

I posted a picture of it on my Flickr photostream: flickr.com/photos/jaho326

Janet Holt
Monroe, CT