Date: 7/8/18 5:49 pm
From: bob mcguire <bmcguire...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Sharp-shinned Hawk Nest
(Sharp- not Shark! I thought I was so careful with proof-reading.)

I am closing in on 600 ABA birds recorded - and just noticed that I have never recorded Sharp-shinned Hawk! It may be too late in the season to catch a family in/on/around a nest, but I’d like to try. Does anyone know of an active nest? Recording simply entails standing on the ground in the vicinity of the nest which, at this stage, should elicit alarm calls but not cause anyone to abandon the nest.

I you can help, please contact me off-list. <bmcguire...> <mailto:<bmcguire...>.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Bob

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/