Date: 7/8/18 3:57 pm
From: Eric DeFonso <bay.wren...>
Subject: [cobirds] Common Gallinule, Larimer
Hi folks,

It took a while, but the Common Gallinule did make an appearance this
morning at the usual spot at Running Deer Natural Area (see previous
messages for directions, etc.)

I was beginning to feel a bit cursed when, after waiting over 3 hours,
everyone in the group I was around including some who had waited 4 hours
got a brief glimpse of the bird except me. (Those ladders really are a good
idea.) Everyone left not long after but I stuck around, disbelieving that I
should be so unlucky as to miss such a close call after investing so much
time there. And eventually, 10 minutes after Loch and Glenn departed, the
Gallinule indeed reappeared on the west edge of the pond in good light and
even offered some nice looks. I did try digiscoping and videoscoping it,
but an iPhone really doesn't know how to focus on something when the view
is through the tops of reeds.

This was around 9:45am.

If the bird is on a schedule, I sure as heck don't know what it is.

Eric

p.s. LADDERS!

-------
Eric DeFonso
Coal Creek Canyon, Jefferson County, CO (at exactly 8,000' ASL)