Date: 7/8/18 3:11 pm
From: Steve Hale <srhale20...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pishing good on Tecumseh
This morning, I had a trip up Mt. Tecumseh in Waterville Valley from the
western approach that begins on Tripoli Rd. It's a 3.1 mile route to the
summit. I estimated the number of birds encountered. Most of the birds were
Heard Only, but there were two spots where birds were close to the trail,
and pishing grew the small groups into many more. Ambitious to join in were
Red-breasted Nuthatch, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Blackpoll Warber,
White-throated Sparrow, and Slate-colored junco. There were really good
numbers of Red-breasted Nuthatch and my estimate is likely too low, but it
was hard tracking them in the large mixed flocks.

(Side Note: This season, I have observed very few Nashville Warbler)

Steve Hale
Open World Explorers

NAME Count Heard Only
Hairy Woodpecker 2 Yes
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 3 Yes
Blue-headed Vireo 1 No
Red-eyed Vireo 4 Yes
Blue Jay 3 Yes
Boreal Chickadee 2 Yes
Red-breasted Nuthatch 6 No
Brown Creeper 2 Yes
Winter Wren 2 Yes
Golden-crowned Kinglet 8 No
BICKNELL'S THRUSH 1 Yes Singing and calling
Swainson's Thrush 4 Yes
Hermit Thrush 1 Yes
Cedar Waxwing 2 Yes
Magnolia Warbler 3 Yes