Date: 7/8/18 11:08 am
From: <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Clay-colored Sparrows, FE Grasslands
Birded the trail and grassy fields from the Black house Road parking area. It was nice to such fantastic improvements with a fully leveled parking area and a new observation deck in front of the parking lot. Found 3 Clay-colored Sparrows in total. One was repetitively singing a continual buzz song, unlike the 2 or 3 buzz song I'm used to hearing, interspersed with frequent call notes (a high-pitched chirp.). One was hanging very close to the Southerly most observation deck and allowed fantastic photos from 6 feet away! Other birds seen we're a flyover American Bittern, 1 Merlin, Brown Thrasher, Baltimore Orioles, a single Orchard Oriole, Field Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Savannah Sparrows, Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, Eastern Towhee, and a single American Kestrel.

Happy Birding,

Scott Varney
Salem, NY

Posted by: <scottvarney1968...>