Date: 7/8/18 10:52 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Canaan Loop Road, Jul 8, 2018
We rode our bikes on Canaan Loop Road this morning. It was clear, crisp and
cool. The birds were active though I find it a bit difficult to hear well
while riding especially on gravel. The most exciting birds were at least
three Swainson's Thrushes singing in the area where Red Run crosses the
loop road. They are not real common up here. On the way back a Ruffed
Grouse moseyed across the road in front of me. In almost any open area,
Common Yellowthroats were singing. What a wonderful morning to be out.
There were even huckleberries to savor along the way. Herb Myers, Harman,
Randolph County from Tucker County