Date: 7/8/18 9:16 am
From: Ben Silano via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Tufted Titmice or Titmouses?
Tufted Titmice or Titmouses?

Just looked it up; found this on a website called https://natlands.org/mariton-tufted-titmice-or-titmouses/

“Cornell website uses Titmice exclusively. That led me to look at bird books in the library. Sure enough, Sibley, Crossley and National Geographic use Titmice for the plural of Titmouse. Even my spell checker prefers Titmice. “

My reasoning for looking into this, was for the simple fact we are Inundated with Titmice. To be more precise, fledgling Titmice. Oh and of course their parents as well. Our feeders are close to our front porch. We are getting quite the show watching the parents still feeding their babies, and trying to teach them to eat on their own.

Ben
New Hartford