Date: 7/8/18 3:55 am
From: Linda Woodard <lwoodard...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Bird Monitoring at Scarborough Marsh
*Just a reminder about our bird monitoring this Saturday!*

*Join us* on July 14 from 7 - 10 am for our annual marsh-wide survey of
birds at Scarborough Marsh The survey will document the numbers of
individuals and species present in the marsh. Depending on the assignment,
surveys could last between 1-3 hours and may be done on foot, by car or
from a canoe (provided at the marsh or bring your own). Beginning birders
welcome! They will go out with experienced monitors. Data gathered will
be imputed into eBird and the Maine Bird Atlas where applicable.

The morning will start with a brief introduction to the marsh and the
survey methods. After that, monitors will disburse to their assigned
sections, and actual surveys may last up to several hours (depending on
location surveyed).

Refreshments provided.

For more information and to register, contact Linda Woodard at 883-5100 and
press O or e-mail *<smac...> <http://<smac...>*.
Registration not mandatory but helps me figure out the teams.

Please help us by spreading the word.

Mark your calendars for August 25 for the next bird monitoring event.

Scarborough Marsh Bird Monitoring
<https://maineaudubon.coursestorm.com/course/bird-monitoring>

Linda

*Linda Woodard **II* *Maine Audubon*

*Director of Scarborough Marsh Audubon Center*

20 Gilsland Farm Road, Falmouth, ME 04105

*tel* (207) <207%29%20781-2330>883-5100

*mobile* 207-415-8331

*web* maineaudubon.org